I think there isn’t enough of us carers out there talking about the things we love in our children, biological or not.
I feel truly blessed that he entered my life. He is my breath of fresh air, overflowing with love that made me at times question if it were genuine or not. I do not question it anymore. Love is just that, love… Complicated and incredible and bubble filling.
1. He is the only person in the world that can tell me to ‘have a break’ when he knows I’m getting a little stressed
2. He is amazing with his siblings and encourages a sense of bonding with his ‘half sisters’
3. He is the reason why I started incorporating positive parenting techniques because traditional wasn’t working (thank you Source)
4. He is my soul child
5. His moodiness and teenage solemn looks encourage the amount of hugs I give him per day, makes me send out more expressions of love
6. He is an unlimited hugger, anytime, any place, anywhere (except at school)
7. He accepts when I “baby” him cause he loves the attention and affection
8. He respects and loves me unconditionally, knows my flaws and still loves me, knows I am his step mum and still loves me
9. He is the reason why I changed my whole perspective on life, he contributed to my enlightenment path
10. I love the way his face glows when I tell him to have a beautiful day and to generate and receive as much positive energy as possible (unless he is experiencing heart break hehe)
11. I love how he loves his dad and is confident enough to never have to change himself to impress another
Obviously this list doesn’t cover everything, but it covers the main bits, the small bits, the important bits. I am blessed to have this precious soul in my life, he is a good boy, but that’s not to say he doesn’t have the human flaws we all hold.
Having a blended family is challenging, however it’s how you perceive it. I released a lot of fear, and began to realise that these beautiful, vulnerable, innocents were just as lost as I was and all they really needed was love and as long as I provided them with a circle of security, no matter the flaws, they know unconditional love is accessible. It’s really been 3 months now that I can honestly say, I am proud of my parenting. I am now choosing to reflect positively and continue on the path.
I really like the less guilt aspect of it, and the whole ‘thriving WONDERFUL human beings part. :)
Love, light and Source blessings!